This document describes the Rshast Severe Prison, a setting in the Panoculus roleplay world. It has sections on the canonical Black Gazza from the decades-long old-school roleplay world and on the implementation in Second Life.
Black Gazza in Second Life
Note: All pages in this section must be named beginning with "Second Life Black Gazza".
RP Character/Availability/Scheduled Events
Black Gazza Photos 2010
Black Gazza Main
The prison itself is located in the middle of the desert wastes of Shuulgar (which in Native Rshast languages means Too Dry). Escape to the surrounding towns is difficult, the closest town to the prison being roughly 90 kilometers away, but given the processing the prisoners receive, escaping the planet itself would require a small miracle or a coordinated effort from the outside. A defensive shield prevents transportation into and out of the prison but allows the passage of ground vehicles along the only official route to the complex, through the Val Demon mountains. With exception to the Hooylat passage, the mountain range is above the Lethal Zone, making escape improbable.
The prison was originally founded by the Shyedarians during the Shyedarian Revolution. The Empire needed someplace to put suspected revolutionaries, political prisoners, and other undesirables who had not committed any actual crime, but who needed to be made to disappear. The Shyedarians approached the Rshast, offering them a generous sum for ownership of one of the unused planets in their star system. They named the planet Duotarin, and built Black Gazza.
When the Shyedarian Revolution ended and the Shyedarians became part of the CIS, they had to give up Black Gazza -- the CIS frowned heavily upon secret prisons -- so they turned the planet and the prison over to the Rshast.
Processing of prisoners is an intense process and one that hardly forgets.
- Prisoners, if hairy or furred, are shaved down completely.
- Prisoners are then tattooed orange and black or intense blue and black, striped pattern. Creatures that are furred or hairy will discover the fur and hair will grow back in the according colors. This process is very intense and takes a full day to do, usually requiring the inmate to be put under. The drug that the Rshast use for this is known to be strong to the point of permanently leaving the pupils of most inmates to be unusually large.
- Each prisoner is given a series of implants to enable close monitoring and life sign scanning.
- Sessions of mental reconditioning has been known to happen shortly after admit to help with "lifestyle changes" and "assimilation anxiety".
- An ID number, PRISONER over the left pectoral from the inmate's point of view, and BLACK GAZZA CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES on the back. These areas, for hairy or furred creatures, have the follicles destroyed to facilitate viewing.
- A New Policy of Black Gazza has the prisoner numbers rendered in large, minimum of 1.5 inch high, lettering around at least one arm of the prisoner, tattooed, right below the sleeve of a standard prison uniform shirt and above the elbow. Unruly prisoners are usually rewarded with two such markings. If the creature has no limbs, the neck or the legs are used instead. Dein usually end up with a neck marking given the fact they have unnaturally narrow arms. It is considered unlawful to have said markings removed even if released.
- Released prisoners usually receive a band of RELEASED on the arm and a chip installed to indicate a freed state. Mistakes never happen. Oversights occur at a rate of about .1%.
- Prisoners are now being upgraded to use the L-CON system and are being fitted with LOC's as part of new policy.
The uniform is a simple orange and black or blue and black striped jumpsuit, with orange boots. The prisoner ID and PRISONER is over the left pectoral and the BLACK GAZZA CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES on the back, mirroring the text tattoos on the body. The uniform contains a RFID type tag that will trigger a shock implant in the body if the uniform and the body should be separated by a distance greater than 5m.
The uniform can differ depending on circumstances and most certainly differs if the prisoner is sent out on Work Detail.
Prisoners are required to work at some point during their stay at Black Gazza. This includes a number of projects and details and improvement projects around Arpaio, but most are located right in the valley where Black Gazza is located, to help the native and local populations make their homesteads and lives better.
Outpost 47-A is the main interstellar spaceport for Pberl 3. It provides system OTC, starship refueling and service, hotels and restaurants, and a regional medical center. Prison? What prison? Those are fuel tanks. The station operates as a profitable and legitimate cover for a Black Gazza Transfe Station. It was originally constructed under the direction of Defanu_Lormyr, who received 20 years off his sentence of life imprisonment in exchange for building the prison station as a proof-of-concept. The station was built from parts scaveneged from a number of other construciton projects near Rshast Space. Lormyr hired Timberwoof Lupindo to complete systems integration, establish procedures, and keep the station operational. It is in the process of being rebuilt and refurbished by the Mechanics Guild. Though operations and prisoner treatment are somewhat relaxed from standards at Black Gazza on Duotarin, it is a frightening prospect for any criminal or political prisoner to be sent here. Escape from the Black Gazza main prison is widely described as impossible. Escape from Black Gazza Outpost is even more impossible.
Notabe Inmates and Residents
P-62923 Defanu, Lormyr, unlicensed embezzler
Timberwoof "Timber" Lupindo, Captain of Black Gazza and accused pirate's cousin